Prayer Update | A New Heart
And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.Ezekiel 36:26
- All Would Submit to Christ
- Healing from grief and pain
- Summer Ministry
Read | A New Heart
And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. Ezekiel 36:26 NLT
Isn’t that a beautiful verse? I love this promise God is making to his people. One of the things that I have noticed is that getting away from every day is incredibly important. A place where we can get some perspective away from the stresses, fears and anxieties of the everyday!
Now, this could easily turn into self-promotion of “come join us at Covenant Bay!” That’s not the point. God has been working in you, and you can likely see it, but you maybe are not able to wrap your head around it all. YOu need time and space for God to work on your heart! So make time for that this summer. Get away with God and enjoy his presence and whatever he has for you. I need a tender heart, and that is something I can’t do on my own. I need Jesus.
On to our prayer requests. I am not sure if you noticed, but God is doing something in our world! Yes, I am stating the obvious. In God’s sovereignty, he has allowed some very difficult things to happen both globally and on a personal level. I think the verse I read earlier is a part of God’s desire in all of this, but I don’t know the details of what he is doing in each person.
- You and I can pray that all will submit to Christ. That he would be their Lord and that people will follow humbly after God.
- There is a tremendous amount of grief. I heard one person talk about a tsunami of grief that is coming! Let’s pray that people will turn to God in the midst of their grief and find comfort and healing in His presence.
- Third, let’s pray that people find Jesus this summer. That may be at summer camp, on vacation, or at home. The harvest is ripe and God is doing something very good.
Thanks for praying with me and supporting the ministry at Covenant Bay. It’s so exciting to offer summer camps, the Anywhere Adventure Kit, and opportunities for people to camp in our campground. Remember, there is no ministry apart from Christ. Pray with urgency and expectation. I will chat with you next week.